Queer Secrets: Like Post Secret, Just Gayer

Sunday, March 13, 2011 § 2

I’m a Post Secret junkie.

I love how each secret so perfectly captures a thought or a moment, how each is a story in bite-size form, and how each is a quick peek at someone's soul.

I’ve recently come across Queer Secrets, and I think I’m in love.

It functions just like Post Secret, except the secrets are mostly related to the queer community, and most of the submissions are computer generated. It’s also updated multiple times a day – to me, a definite bonus.

Though the secrets aren’t the happiest – most secrets aren’t – I find the simple act of sharing a secret to be incredibly uplifting. Knowing that people all around the world have found the courage to share a piece of themselves, even anonymously, is empowering.

Equally uplifting is coming across a secret that you can identify with – letting you know that whatever you’re feeling right now, whether that feeling’s wonderful or terrible, someone else is feeling it too.

The secrets embody such basic human emotions as love, uncertainty, and sadness, it shouldn’t be hard to find one or two that resonate with you. Some made me smile, while others almost made me cry. Below are a few from the past few days that grabbed me.

queer secret aidsqueer secret white nightqueer secrests platypus

I’ve gotten into a habit of checking into Queer Secrets at least once a night. Reading the outpouring of emotion there allows me to recharge. The secrets let me reconnect with humanity, to some extent.

I invite you to do the same. Read ‘em, connect with them, and if you feel drawn, consider submitting your own.

What's this?

You are currently reading Queer Secrets: Like Post Secret, Just Gayer at LGBT Etcetera.

meta

§ 2 Response to “Queer Secrets: Like Post Secret, Just Gayer”

  • Kate says:

    Checked out queer secrets. Empowering stuff!

  • Kyle, I loved this post! I'm also a big fan of Post Secret, and now I'll definitely be checking out Queer Secrets on a regular basis. I really liked the secrets you posted, especially the one about the white knight. Thanks for introducing me (and everyone else) to such a great site!

§ Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...